Health and Safety Officer – 248404
Who you’ll be working for
EWS Recruitment is hiring experienced Health and Safety Officers for several large construction companies in Victoria who specialise in varied lines of construction. Excellent working conditions are available with additional benefits and career progression opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining HSE standards, processes, and training procedures;
- Management of site-based systems & platforms;
- Management of site-based incident management system ;
- Assisting with implementation of health and safety systems and programs
- Providing health and safety specialist advice, technical and management support;
- Undertaking risk assessments of complex tasks;
- Developing and implement strategies to prevent and minimise workplace injuries
- Supporting managers and supervision in activities towards a positive health and safety culture;
- Coordinating and manage audit programs;
- Establishing and implementation of procedures for safety/risk management and emergencies;
- Conducting investigations into workplace incidents;
- Implementing and monitoring field assurance programs.
Skills and requirements
- Cert IV or diploma in WHS or equivalent qualifications;
- 3-5 years of experience in a health and safety role with demonstrated HSE experience working on construction projects;;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete tasks in a short time frame;
- Excellent organisational and administration expertise;
- Decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to function unsupervised, working to tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to engage, coach and foster relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Current First Aid certificate;
- An affinity for continuous improvement and innovation, applying learnings to ‘real world’ project delivery environments.
Above award rate plus Super
Why apply through EWS Recruitment
EWS Recruitment specialises in recruitment for the Australian construction industry. We’re experts in recruitment across the following specialisations: construction, engineering, waste management and renewable energy. Established 15 years ago, we have built an extensive base of clients looking for tradespeople, skilled and unskilled labour, and white-collar construction professionals.
We can offer:
- Contract and permanent employment with many of Australia’s leading projects.
- A people-first recruitment process that focusses on ensuring the right fit for both candidates and companies.
How to apply
Apply now through the above link and attach an updated resume, or alternatively, if you would like to know more information on this role, email your CV to email@example.com, or phone 03 9354 0466