Frequently asked questions by job seekers
What is the benefit of working through EWS Recruitment?
- Long and short term work available
- Large client base for a steady stream of work
- Established company with an excellent reputation
- We’re construction specialists, so we know what’s important to you
- We can arrange introductions to employers who are open to sponsoring staff to remain in Australia
What is the pay rate for workers?
Pay rates vary depending on each job. The industry, role, site and time of day you work will all affect your pay rate. All pay rates are dictated by the Award for that industry.
Where is the work based?
Eire Workforce works with some of Australia’s leading construction companies. We can provide work in Victoria’s metro and regional areas. We also partner with our sister recruitment agency NexVentur, to offer jobs in all regions of Australia.
What jobs are available?
We offer a broad range of work across several industries, including Civil Construction, Landscaping, Waste Management and Rail, among many others. Examples of some recent positions filled:
- Project Manager
- Site Engineer
- HSEQ Manager
- General Labourer
- Traffic Controller
- Rail Labourer
- Excavator Operator
- Loader Operator
- EWP Operator
- Dumptruck Driver
What services do you offer for job seekers?
Our aim is to help you find the right role. Our services include jobs for Trades and Labour Hire, and White Collar recruitment for contracting and permanent roles. We will provide you with details such as:
- Available jobs
- Company overview
- What it takes to succeed in this company (including desirable skills and traits)
- Company culture
- Reasons why the job is vacant
As part of our service, we also provide:
- Resume review and feedback
- Career guidance
- Interview tips to help you succeed
Which CV format is best for Australia?
- You should provide a clear and concise resume saved as an MS Word or PDF document. Do not use boxes or tables in your formatting.
- List your relevant experience in reverse-chronological order (starting with your most recent job).
- For more tips on the best way to compile a resume, read our blog
What information should I take with me to the interview?
We recommend you take the following documents with you to the interview:
- An up-to-date resume tailored to the particular job you are applying for
- Covering letter related to the role you are applying for
For more tips and advice on how to Ace a job interview, read our blog
What do I do if I can’t attend work?
If you are unable to attend a job for any reason you need to call our recruitment team immediately on 03 9354 0466 to ensure we have time to organise a replacement for our client.
What is the consistency of work available?
Due to the nature of the industries we work in, work may fluctuate. All work is on a casual basis to begin with. Opportunities for full-time work can be available and will be heavily based on skills, performance, dedication and reliability. EWS Recruitment has been in the construction recruitment industry for more than a decade so we have built up a very broad base of clients looking for workers. This means that if work falls away in one area, we are easily able to place you with another client.
What do I need to bring with me to start work?
In order to successfully complete your registration, you will need to bring:
- Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction/White Card
- Tickets eg EWP, Excavator, etc
- Passport/Birth Cert
- Trade Qualifications
- Tax File Number
- Bank Details
- Superannuation Details
- Updated Resume
Registration should take no more than an hour. You will need to complete a Registration form and an interview with the recruitment team.
What’s my next step?
Register with us by submitting your resume and details in the form below.
For a speedy reply to your unique recruitment needs, contact us today
"*" indicates required fields
You can also call us for a confidential conversation
03 9354 0466
Don’t forget to follow us on social media, and subscribe to our newsletter for news and job updates.