Waste Management Compactor/Scraper Operator – 987504912
Who you’ll be working for
Have you a background in operating machinery and looking for something new?
EWS Recruitment are hiring Compactor/Scraper operators for expanding clients in the Waste Management sector in Melbourne and throughout Victoria. Hired candidates will work for a motivated and driven team, who are committed to driving change and improvement in the standards set in the Waste Management industry, ultimately contributing to providing a sustainable environment for future generations. If you have experience of driving on-site machinery or as listed above, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operating a landfill compactor or scraper on dump sites with caution and safety
- Preparing and positioning plant for operation on-site
- Ensuring Health and Safety measures are followed
- Working with ground personnel
- Daily prestart checks and safety checks on machines
- Reporting any issues with equipment or conditions to management
- Accordance with EPA waste codes must be met
- Ensure that all stockpiles are within Emergency Management Plan limits
- Following plans accordingly
Skills and requirements
- 2+ years’ experience operating landfill compactor
- Mechanical background beneficial
- HR Drivers licence
- GPS experience essential
- Good punctuality and attitude to work
- Reliable method of transport
- Open to early starts
- Additional tickets advantageous
This role will bring opportunity for the successful candidate to experience various on-site roles and potentially operate other vehicles on-site as well as to achieve progression.
Above award rate plus Super
Why apply through EWS Recruitment
EWS Recruitment specialises in recruitment for the Australian construction industry. We’re experts in recruitment across the following specialisations: construction, engineering, waste management and renewable energy. Established 15 years ago, we have built an extensive base of clients looking for tradespeople, skilled and unskilled labour, and white-collar construction professionals.
We can offer:
- Contract and permanent employment with many of Australia’s leading projects.
- A people-first recruitment process that focusses on ensuring the right fit for both candidates and companies.
How to apply
Apply now through the above link and attach an updated resume, or alternatively, if you would like to know more information on this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 03 9354 0466